Sunday, February 16, 2014

SOTD - 2/16/14

The house is cold this morning, so I thought I would just keep the cold theme going with the C.O. Bigelow shaving cream and the Proraso Green aftershave.  It turns out that the Bigelow soap is made by Proraso for Bath and Bodyworks so it all matches up very well.  I didn't realize that I liked menthol and eucalyptus so much, but I do.   Face lathering this stuff will cool down my face and neck pretty quickly.  Cheeks are cold!

I prepped by soaking my brush in hot water in the vintage Old Spice mug while I showered.  After the shower, I rubbed a bit of the Bigelow cream onto my face and neck and then went after it with the well shaken brush.  After about 20 seconds, I dipped the tip of the brush in water and went back to brushing.  About 30 more seconds and I was ready to shave.  I made 3 passes today - N to S, W to E and S to N which is similar to with the grain, across the grain and against the grain or WTG, XTG and ATG.

I used my Merkur 34C HD razor this morning, coupled with a Gillette Silver Blue blade.  I've tried the blade in another razor and was not impressed, but my opinion was certainly changed today.  The pairing of Gillette and HD were awesome and I got a great close shave.  I really like the weight of the razor and it just seems to glide nicely.  The blade never tugged or caused any issues.

The aftershave was just fantastically cold as well.  Absolutely no stinging anywhere.  I guess I got a good shave.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. I'm new wet shaver.
    boxerman(Craig) from the Shave Nook.

    ReplyDelete