Saturday, February 15, 2014

Shave of The Day - February 15

One of my motivations for this blog is to keep track of what I am shaving with and how it works.  So I will be doing an occasional "Shave Of The Day" post.  I hope to write compelling copy and take some decent photos to go along with it.

So let's get going!

February 15 SOTD



Today I used the following:
Razor: Gillette PreWar Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
Soap:  RazoRock for Captain's Choice
Brush and Bowl: Van Der Hagan starter set
Captain's Choice Bay Rum aftershave

I received a sample of the shaving soap from Captain's Choice when I purchased the aftershave and was not sure how much to use.  As you can see, it appears I may have used enough, but upon shaving with it, I'm not certain.  It didn't really last on my face, but the shave was fine.  I added some more soap to my bowl for the 2nd and 3rd passes and still did not have a long lasting lather.  It felt slick but not very cushioning. 

Regardless, good shave to keep my day going.  Can't wait to shave again tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Nice start on your shaving blog. Got here from The Shave Den. Check out my shaving blog at http://www.jrshaving.blogspot.com/ . Happy shaving.

    ReplyDelete